Studio Talo Architecture / Evanston, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Studio Talo Architecture is a small, award-winning architecture firm of designers committed to each other, design excellence, and to our community. Current and recent clients include Northwestern University, churches, mental and community health facilities, a homeless shelter and a large number of custom residential additions and renovations. We are located in Evanston a half-block from the Purple Line and three blocks from two Metra stations.
ABOUT THE JOB
On any day you might be responsible for code analysis, documenting an existing building, creating design options, developing and documenting a design so it can be built well, working independently or closely with a principal or team.
You will communicate directly with clients, consultants, code officials and contractors, and be given as much responsibility as you can handle.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated person early in their career to have an immediate impact on the work of our firm, and to be mentored by principals invested in your professional development.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Be thorough, creative, articulate (verbally and graphically), hardworking, collaborative and nice.
- Have a bachelor's or master of architecture degree.
- Have at least two years of experience working in an architecture office.
- Use Revit fluently. No kidding.
- Have 'T-shaped' expertise: a wide breadth of professional competence with one area in particular where your interests and abilities go deep allowing you to make a unique contribution.
Competitive compensation (salary, annual bonus, insurance stipend, retirement account, comp time for overtime, reimbursement for professional exams) based on experience.