Designer / Project Architect - BLDG PROJECTS
BLDG PROJECTS / Chicago, IL USA / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Women-owned Chicago-based Architecture + Design business with 250+ annual projects in residential, commercial, mixed-use and industrial projects. In house engineering and expediting. Hands on and complete start to finish work for most projects.
ABOUT THE JOB
Seeking Multiple Intermediate Drafters and Architectural Designers with 5+ years minimum experience to start immediately to work on a wide range of projects, with a strong focus on REHABS and NEW CONSTRUCTION residential projects, porches / decks, and commercial / industrial projects. Must be familiar with City of Chicago Building & Zoning Codes. Must be skilled in Auto-CAD and Revit. Minimum 15-40 projects annually to be completed by individual. Pay by hourly or salary based on experience.
MUST EMAIL RESUME AND PORTFOLIO WITH CONSTRUCTION DRAWINGS.
Candidates for the Intermediate Drafter or Architectural Designer position must possess extreme multi-tasking abilities, strong creative and problem-solving skills with an ability to participate in a fast-paced creative process environment. All candidates must come from a design or engineering oriented background. Strong graphic and verbal communication skills, whether it be communicating with clients or working within our team environment, are critical.
Ideal candidates should have the following:
• Professional, graduate, or bachelor’s degree in architecture with at least 2-years professional experience up to 10 years experience.
• Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD & Revit; Adobe Acrobat (minimum 5 years). Knowledge of 3D modeling and presentation/design software such as Rhino, 3D studio Max, and Adobe Suite is a plus.
• Ability to create innovative solutions to complex design problems.
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently toward deadlines.
• Ability to interact directly and effectively with co-workers.
• Possess valid driver’s license; car OR is able to travel to the northside of Chicago punctually.
• Be eligible to work in the United States of America and live in Chicago or nearby suburb.
• Work Hours Monday thru Friday 8:30AM to 5:00PM.
• Possess a US citizenship or Visa for work Eligibility. Must complete W4 & I9 Forms at time of hire.
• Initial pay increase will be discussed after 6 months - 1 year of employment.
All candidates should submit a resume and brief portfolio that best illustrates the candidate’s design ability with “Intermediate Hire -Your Name” in the subject line. Please send all items attached to the email in PDF format. The total size of your email should not exceed 20 MB.
Hourly or Salary commensurate with education level completed, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge based. Benefits (Health Insurance) can be paid 50% by company at 6 months of employment. Equal-Opportunity Employer.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Revit knowledge a necessity
Knowledge of Chicago Construction & Building Code
Work 8:30am to 5:00pm M - F in office (Old Irving)
60,000 - 90,000 commensurate with experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email