Design Associate at Real Estate Development Firm - The X Company
The X Company / Chicago, IL USA
ABOUT THE COMPANY
About The X Company
The X Company is the real estate development and operations team behind X—the first and largest branded network of member clubs and private residences in the country. The X Co. is currently active in six markets, with 5,000 beds in the current portfolio and over $1B in construction activity. X Co. is unique in that it is fully integrated—able to acquire, design, build, and operate its real estate assets, as well as manage its growing member network and brand.
X offers its members professional-quality workspace to rival any coworking space and support the growing work from home segment; a state-of-the-art gym and fitness studio designed around class-based fitness activation, and attainable apartments including private residences and co-living suites.
In short, X Co. exists to improve the way we interact.
ABOUT THE JOB
· The Design Associate assists the Design team with the continual development of The X Company’s product vision and design standards. They will work in a multidisciplinary fashion to implement design success across the portfolio integrated with the X Co Acquisitions, Development, and Operations/Asset Management Teams.
· Implement and maintain the X Design Specification Standards to continually improve the brand and product.
· Review and red-line drawings in order to effectuate the execution of the X Design Specification Standards while coordinating with the development team on project budgets, design intent, and construction details.
· Assist in managing the selection and installation of fixtures, furnishings, and equipment for hospitality-grade amenity spaces and apartments. Coordinate with artisans to create custom installations, including murals, sculptures, and light sculptures.
· Assist in developing X Co.’s graphic language while managing and executing project-specific visualizations – renderings, videos, etc…that serve to tell the story of X Co.’s vision.
· Assist the development team by reviewing design-specific RFIs, submittals, shop drawings, samples, and mockups for projects in construction across the portfolio.
· Assist the development team during the punch process to ensure The X Design Specification Standards have been executed to the highest level via site visits and the creation and management of QA/QC procedures. Out-of-state travel to our projects in development is required.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
· An individual excited to grow in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment that champions a flat organizational structure and supports continually learning.
· A thinker who can organize and juggle many priorities concurrently and is capable of differentiating urgent vs. important.
· Someone who craves agency and embraces uncharted territory. Eager to brainstorm new ideas and open to constructive discourse and debate in a collaborative setting. We think big and need people that bring the big to life.
· Exhibits a high level of attention to detail and constantly seeks excellence in their output.
· Has various interests within and outside of the traditional design practice. – is well versed in at least 4 of these: architecture, interiors, technology, F&B, graphic design, social media, web design, fashion, and pop culture.
· Capable of effectively weaving together their interests & skills and develop concepts with technical tools (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bluebeam Revu, Revit/CAD, hand sketches, etc) to express concepts/ideas in a visual format (digital presentation, 3D model, etc).
· Willing to think at various scales -conceptually/big picture down to small details required for the execution
· Values collaboration and is effective in fostering cross-team engagement.
· Has exceptional analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
· Is excited to communicate effectively with many different stakeholders including leadership, team members, consultants, and vendors.
· Is a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership.
· Travel expected 25-50% of the time.
· This is an entry-level role. Academic and professional experience producing and coordinating design documents at an architecture, interior architecture, or hospitality firm are desired. Previous experience with CAD software required, (experience with Revit preferred)
· Strong grasp of Adobe Suites, and Microsoft Office required. Familiarity with PDF markup tools such as Bluebeam are a perk.
· Resilience: creating something new is challenging and not without its setbacks.
· Equally creative and detail-oriented.
· NOTE: Must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
· Applicants must submit a PDF package that includes, 1) a cover letter; and 2) samples of your work and any creative projects you want to share with X Co.
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email