Corporate Workplace Project Architect
Harley Ellis Devereaux (HED) / Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1908, Harley Ellis Devereaux (HED) seeks creative solutions that have a positive impact for its clients, the community, and the world. HED has earned a reputation for excellence in all facets of architecture, including design, consulting, engineering and planning services. The firm serves clients in a broad range of market sectors including Workplace, Housing, Mixed Use, Science + Technology, Healthcare, Higher Education and Pre K-12 + Community Education from offices in six U.S. locations. See how HED advances your world at www.hed.design.
ABOUT THE JOB
We're looking for a motivated, client-focused Workplace Project Manager/Project Architect who can lead project teams and contribute to programming, design and document production.
In HED's hands-on environment, the PM/PA will be responsible for organizing and directing Workplace projects from inception through completion. Along with the Principal-in-Charge and Workplace Design Leader, the PM/PA role will be a strategic and functional leader of their assigned projects.
Beginning at the RFP stage, the ideal candidate will collaborate with the Principal-in-Charge to strategize and draft proposals, develop work plans and fees, and participate in interviews. After selection, the PM/PA will finalize agreements and schedules, organize the work effort and communicate our approach to the client and project team.
Throughout the assignment, the PM/PA will serve as HED's voice to the client, scheduling presentations and managing expectations of all parties. Internally, the role will require scheduling and budget oversight as well as perform and monitor the progress and quality of the work product.
Ultimately, the PM/PA will be responsible for productions, quality, profitability and client satisfaction of their projects.
The ideal candidate will have the interest and drive to enhance their knowledge and skills in all areas of practice, including marketing, design, management and technical proficiency. HED is committed to supporting our professional in their efforts to grow and ultimately shape the future of our practice.
PM/PA's will participate in marketing efforts, including client maintenance, networking and external presentations.
As a technical leader in the Workplace practice, the PM/PA will regularly interact with the technical discipline leaders in the practice to improve the efficiency of our design, documentation and construction administration processes.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Minimum seven years' professional experience with extensive knowledge of all aspects of Workplace practice.
- Strong Revit experience required, along with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office and Deltek enterprise management suites.
- AIA registration or NCIDQ certification preferred.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigating and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use office equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.