CAD Production Associate
Kuklinski+Rappe Architects PC / Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THE COMPANYKuklinski+Rappe Architects is a small, award-winning practice focused on providing custom, full-service design to our clients.
ABOUT THE JOBK+R is seeking a production guru to lead graphics production, refine technical details, and generate construction documents. The position will include the following responsibilities:
- field measurement + documentation of existing site conditions
- construction document set layout
- organizing information to facilitate zoning + building code review
- drafting plans, elevations + sections
- developing large-scale wall sections + details
- preparation of graphics + renderings
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who possesses excellent written + verbal communication skills, has the ability to manage tasks and work independtly, and has a minimum of 5 years post-graduate office experience in preparing construction documents for residential/small commercial renovation and new construction projects.
- Highly-skilled in AutoCAD drafting, including proficiency with tables, text, scripts, dimensioning, veiwports, etc.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator + InDesign
- Working knowledge of Sketchup + V-Ray
- Familiarity with Chicago DOB permitting including ProjectDox + Hansen systems a plus
- Excellent organizations skills and ability to work within established office conventions and standards
- Educational requirements include NAAB accredited architecture degree, or a CIDA accredited interior design degree, or technical drafting certification demonstrating equivalent proficiency
Please submit a one-page resume and one-page cover letter that:
- Tells us something interesting about you
- Details how your specific experience addresses the job requirements listed above and/or uniquely qualifies you for this position
- Notes any weaknesses and how you currently manage or intend to address them
Do not send portfolios