CAD + Graphic Presentation Production Associate
Kuklinski+Rappe Architects / Chicago, IL United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Kuklinski+Rappe Architects is a small, award-winning practice focused on providing custom, full-service design to our clients.
ABOUT THE JOB
Seeking a self-starter who possesses excellent written & verbal communication skills, has the ability to manage tasks and work independently, and has a minimum of five years post-graduate office experience in preparing construction documents for residential/small commercial renovation and new construction projects. Candidate will have proficiency in the following:
- field measurement & documentation of existing site conditions
- laying out construction document sets
- organizing information to facilitate zoning & building code review
- drafting of plans, elevations & sections
- developing large-scale wall sections & details
- preparation of graphics and renderings
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Highly-skilled in AutoCad drafting, including proficiency with tables, text, scripts, dimensioning, viewports, etc
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Working knowledge of Sketchup & V-Ray
- Familiarity with Chicago DOB permitting including ProjectDox & Hansen systems
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work within established office conventions and standards
- Educational requirements include NAAB accredited architecture degree, or a CIDA accredited interior design degree, or technical certification demonstrating equivalent proficiency.
CONTACT TO APPLY
Please submit a one-page resume and a cover letter that (1.) Tells us something interesting about you; (2.) Details how your specific experience addresses the job requirements listed above; and (3.) Notes any weaknesses and how you currently manage or intend to address them. Do not send portfolios.