CAD/Draftsperson (Sustainable Focused) - Kipnis Architecture + Planning
Kipnis Architecture + Planning / Evanston, IL US / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Kipnis Architecture + Planning, over its 29 year practice, has earned a local, regional and national reputation for award winning design excellence that integrates sustainability, resilient design and wellness. Our mission is ‘High Design/Low Carbon™’. We are early signatories to the AIA's 2030 Commitment, rigorously working towards having our projects be 'net zero' for their energy and carbon use, and have been intimately involved with the development of AIA’s 2030 Commitment program at both the national and local level. With offices in Evanston, IL and Boulder, CO., our work is approximately 85% custom residential and 15% light commercial, including restaurant, retail, office and airport facility work. We have done work throughout the Midwest, several other states as well as in Europe. With our new presence in Boulder, we will also be expanding our work into the Rocky Mountains.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a committed and passionate draftsperson interested in working with a firm that is dedicated to integrating high levels of sustainability in our projects. Experience in well-detailed, single family residential and light commercial architecture would be a plus. The scope of work includes documenting design and construction documents, assisting with our sustainability efforts as well as being able to produce detailed 3D imaging. This position will provide an opportunity to work on state of the art sustainable, resilient and wellness projects. Flexibility will be required while we follow COVID-19 guidelines to ensure the safety of the valued members of our Studio, which will include being fully vaccinated and boosted.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Professional Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture.
• We are open to taking on new graduates, but 1 to 5 years of experience would be preferred
• A strong knowledge of sustainable design is required. LEED or Certified Passive House Professional accreditation would be a plus.
• Proficiency in BIM and 3D modeling is required (will provide focused in house training as required).
• Experience with Vectorworks is a plus (will train in house). Vectorworks is similar to many other CAD programs.
• Experience developing detailed construction documents for bid, permit and construction is a big plus.
• Excellent graphic and communication skills.
• Solid people relationship and team skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Salary and benefits commensurate with level of education, experience and qualifications. Benefits offered include medical insurance, profit sharing program, annual bonus and reimbursement for professional exams.
CONTACT TO APPLY
Nathan Kipnis, FAIA
Apply via Email