Building Operations Manager - Wrightwood 659
Wrightwood 659 / Chicago, IL / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Wrightwood 659 is a new exhibition space conceived for the presentation of exhibitions of architecture and of socially engaged art. It was designed by Pritzker Prize-winning architect Tadao Ando, who has transformed a 1920s building with his signature concrete forms and poetic treatment of natural light. In a city rich with art institutions and internationally known for its architecture, Wrightwood 659 is designed as a site for contemplative experiences of art and architecture, and as a place to engage with the pressing social issues of our time. Wrightwood 659 is a private, non-commercial initiative envisioned as an integral part of the cultural and civic fabric of Chicago, as well as a new kind of arts space and cultural resource.
ABOUT THE JOB
Wrightwood 659 is a unique art space in Lincoln Park, dedicated to the exhibition of socially engaged art and architecture. We are seeking a Building Operations Manager to join our winning team. The incumbent of this role will be primarily responsible for assisting the Director of Operations in ensuring the precise operational environment of a 30,000 square foot world class, museum-quality exhibition space and adjacent properties. The Building Operations Manager will also participate in the maintenance and renovation of building components and systems (including mechanical, structural, lighting, and electrical, fire protection, and acoustics) as part of general improvement programs. In addition, this role will be responsible for maintaining the appropriate environment to provide a contemplative and supportive environment for the general public and guests of Wrightwood 659. This effort will include a conservation of the material and experiential qualities inherent in the designed space. The Building Operations Manager works under the guidance of and reports to Wrightwood 659’s Director of Operations.
* Assist Director of Operations with management of building operations, building inspections, procurement of bids, construction projects and overall conservation of the built environment.
* Observe and calibrate design updates as needed, for the heating, plumbing, lighting, and ventilation systems to be effective and safe.
* Maintain and coordinate as-built building plans, digital documentation and prints for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
* Evaluation of cost estimates of project scope and construction materials for budgets.
* Procurement of specialty materials, components, and support services for in-house construction projects.
* Ensure building operations comply with governmental regulations, building codes, facility loan agreements and energy performance guidelines.
* Assist with evaluations and annual inspections of fire alert systems, lightening protection and other safety add-ons to ensure operational performance specifications.
* Modify building plan documentation to accurately represent additional components and performance features as may be required in Facility Report agreements.
* Perform project material documentation and verification of standards for all materials or components, as needed.
* Ensure building conformance with federal, state, and local health and life safety rules and regulations.
* Assists with opening and closing procedures each day when the gallery is open to the public.
* Implements lighting and audio-visual plans as needed and operates these gallery systems with oversight from Director of Operations.
* Assists on the planning and implementation of special events hosted at the gallery.
* Installs building protection materials during installation and deinstallation phases.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
* Full-time working Monday – Friday. Flexibility needed when the exhibitions are open: the schedule reverts to working Tuesday – Saturday for approximately 3-4 months twice a year.
* Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in the building and construction industry.
* State architectural engineer license preferred.
* Current knowledge of industry trends, technology, codes, and regulations.
* Digital communication skill set including popular online organization and management software
applications (i.e., Dropbox, Basecamp, etc.).
* Fundamental word processing and spreadsheet composition programs (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite).
* Drawing documentation and illustration software knowledge required for building project development and communication (i.e., Adobe, CAD, etc.).
* Excellent communication skills and ability in communicating at multiple organizational levels.
* Maintain a professional demeanor in professional and community situations.
* Provide management support and collaboration skills for facility development.
* Work with diplomacy and discretion at all times.
Strategic Project Development:
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Solid working knowledge of science, mathematics, and engineering principles.
* Comprehensive sense of project development and a refined sense of workmanship.
* Comprehensive working knowledge of building principles, systems, and materials.
* Skill set commensurate with the conservation of a museum-level building environment.
* Ability to work hands-on to creatively develop and expedite solutions to operational needs.
* Provide critical coordination and support for exhibiting curators, artists, and architects.
Highly competitive pay package commensurate with experience & excellent benefits package. Free onsite parking. Ideal candidate is someone looking for a long-term position. We are an equal opportunity employer with a progressive, LGBTQ-friendly environment looking for someone who is excited to join our team.
The health and safety of our guests and staff is our priority. In efforts to reduce the risk of spreading COVID- 19, we have adopted the following measures based on CDC, state, and city guidelines: All guests and staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the booster shot) and masks covering the mouth and nose are required at all times. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to starting employment.
$52,000 - $85,000
CONTACT TO APPLY
Human Resources Department
Apply via Email