BIM Manager | IT Specialist - GREC Architects, LLC
GREC Architects, LLC / Chicago, IL United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
GREC Architects is a diverse studio of engaged designers creating responsive and impactful environments that propel our client’s business strategies. We are award winning designers, architects, strategists, workplace designers and urban planners specializing in Workplace Environments, Mixed-use, Hospitality, Multi-family Residential, and the Public Sector. With our primary office in Chicago we are well positioned to meet the needs of growing markets globally.
We pride ourselves on providing our clients with compelling design through responsive service. We do this as an open collaborative of bright individuals. We commit, we connect, we collaborate, we communicate, and we contribute.
ABOUT THE JOB
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
o Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating new
version releases and customization of the product.
o Manage the implementation of supporting software for BIM.
o Evaluate new BIM related software and technologies.
o Stay informed on best practices for use of Revit Architecture and BIM.
o Stay informed on other BIM related software and how they work with Revit.
o Installation and support of related BIM software.
o Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and
o Creation and maintenance of the software Template files to assure standards.
o Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions.
o Automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity.
o Provide quality control for completeness and adherence to company standards
of all drawings produced from Revit.
o Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process
o Oversee the day-to-day activities of the project teams to ensure
BIM standards are maintained in the creation of the Architectural Revit model.
o Create written technology evaluations and budgets for future technology
adoption that aligns with the corporate goals
o Chair the company’s BIM/IT committee
• Report on the company’s current and projected state in regard to BIM
• Create Upgrade and Deployment strategies for the BIM implementation effort
• Assess: evaluate the firm’s current workflow, strategies, budgets,
projects, staffing, etc.
• Plan: create a plan for implementation. Who are the team members,
what is the project, what are the goals, etc.
• Solve; Execute the plan, install the software, get templates created,
get training, do the pilot project, etc.
• Confirm: Demonstrate the company’s BIM success by evaluating goals that
were established in the Assess Phase
o Provide hardware and network support as it relates to BIM production.
o Troubleshoot problems.
o Liaison with national vendors.
o Liaison with corporate technology support staff/outsourced IT consultant.
o Liaison with software developer support staff and other support channels.
o Internal Training: Provide Revit Architecture Fundamental and Intermediate training to staff.
o Conduct internal continuing education Revit Architecture training sessions.
o Provide technical orientation to New Hires regarding BIM tools.
o Evaluate new hires skills in BIM.
o Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops for BIM; bringing back learning and disseminating the information to appropriate teams.
• Project Interface:
o Support project standards coordination with project teams.
o Assist on project work - modeling and detailing.
o Assist project teams in BIM project setup.
o Create Revit families in response to project need.
o Help resolve BIM design issues.
o Manage and distribute coordinated digital documents to the project team.
o Coordinate needed hardware upgrades with Third Party IT Consultant.
o Communicate with subcontractors to receive, coordinate, and update all electronic models.
o Assist with linking BIM to the project Construction Administration Phase for submittals,
construction models, shop drawings and schedules.
• Marketing of BIM services:
o Identify trends and business opportunities relating to BIM
o Evaluate and make recommendations regarding BIM software.
• Liaison for BIM process with:
o Future planning for potential uses of BIM
o Sustainable Design
o 3D Renderings
o Specification Management
o Integrated Project Delivery
o Digital Prototyping and Digital Fabrication
• Involvement with Industry Organizations:
o AIA Technology in Architectural Practice (TAP) Knowledge Community
o AIA Integrated Practice Knowledge Community Industry Events: AIA National
o Autodesk University
o Local User Groups
o Local colleges and universities for future resources
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• 5+ year's production experience in design, drafting or engineering
• Must have an in-depth working knowledge of current BIM versions with emphasis on
Project templates and sheet setup
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work
• Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and
manage priorities with minimal guidance
• Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values
and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
• Must have comprehensive PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of
word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database
• Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM
• Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently
CONTACT TO APPLY