Orren Pickell Building Group / Wilmette, Illinois United States
ABOUT THE COMPANYhttps://www.pickellbuilders.com/
Orren Pickell Design Group is an award winning, family owned and operated, custom home builder and remodeler. We have been in business for more than 40 years and continue to strive every day.
ABOUT THE JOB
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
An Associate Architect for Design Group is responsible for design of construction projects and drafting of the plans. The position requires extensive knowledge of computer drafting that is associated with team effort focused on designing and drawing architectural documents for residential new construction and remodeling. The work demands thoroughness, attention to detail and the ability to follow through. The architect should be able to work with minimal supervision or direction and be able to solve problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates in meetings with clients to determine and create designs that are functional, safe, and aesthetically pleasing. • Creates architectural designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using computer-aided design (CAD) applications. • Researches ideas for designs and innovation. • Prepares computations of moderate complexity, prepares specifications and makes adjustments and/or modifications to drawings as necessary.
• Responsible for due diligence of building codes and government requirements for the designs.
• Maintains client files.
• Coordinates production and dissemination of routine and special information materials
• Assists clients with selections of architectural selections.
• Prepares field measurements as needed.
• Utilizes Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to type letters, memos, reports and other presentation materials.
• Performs related duties as assigned or needed.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
An Associate Architect must be able to work independently and have the drive to serve the department well and in a timely fashion. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Able to understand and follow oral and written instructions and to carry them out with supervision.
• Advanced knowledge of CAD software
• Experience with Autocad & Sketchup Required
• Residential Construction Document Experience Required
• Able to plan, organize and supervise multiple projects.
• Able to make independent decisions and work independently.
• Exceptional ‘people skills’ with ability to present ideas and negotiate.
• Product knowledge of the cabinetry industry, including latest products and manpower requirements.
• Familiar with MicroSoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Detailed oriented.
• Able to maintain harmonious working relationship with other employees, subcontractors and clients.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• . Requires Bachelor’s Degree in in Architecture and
• Two (2) years’ experience with Autocad & Sketchup Required
• Two (2) years’ experience with Residential Construction Document Required
CONTACT TO APPLY
Training & Development