Architectural Specifications Writer
CannonDesign / Chicago, IL United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE JOB
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will utilize knowledge of construction products, materials, and methods to write specifications for a variety of complex projects and building types to include education, healthcare, science and technology, commercial, and interior design initiatives, and other diverse building types.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Produce project specific Project Manuals utilizing the CannonDesign standards.
- Be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines – phases, milestone deliveries and various project delivery types.
- Coordinating the Project Manual efforts of all disciplines and consultants.
- Manage project specific Keynotes.
- Review in-progress drawings, ensuring complete and coordinated technical specifications and offering modifications and improvements when appropriate.
- Propose continual development and improvement of master specifications including its specialized content for project type or regional conditions as well as sustainable content, based on project work.
- Maintains awareness of industry reference standards and resources.
- Participate in all process meetings scheduled for assigned projects.
- Assist project architects with shop drawing and product substitution review.
- Collaborate with peers, via regularly-scheduled firm-wide specifications writers' conference calls, to develop best practices and share knowledge.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, within the firm's compliance policies.
- Support Sustainability goals of the firm.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Construction, Engineering or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience required.
- Knowledge of building codes and construction techniques is essential.
- Professional licensure, CCS certification and LEED accreditation preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Proficiency in specifications software programs such as e-SPECS preferred.
- Apply online at http://careers.cannondesign.com/jobs/4395771-architectural-specifications-writer