Architectural Services Program Manager
UL - Underwriters Laboratories / Northbrook, Illinois United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for an Architectural Services Program Manager to join our team! In this position, you will manage UL’s Architectural Services Program with outreach initiatives focused towards architects, and designers. Through coordination with the US Codes and Regulatory Services team, you will promote UL’s Building and Life Safety Technology (BLST) certifications for fire rated designs and safety systems for the fire safety and performance of buildings.
- Managing the Architectural Services Program for technical support and educational outreach to the architectural, engineering and construction (AEC) industry .
- Creating and updating UL’s web-based tools for architects and designers.
- Performing outreach to the architectural community through participation at professional association conferences and meetings.
- Creating and delivering on-line and in-person training programs for architects that support BLST certifications.
- Managing the Architectural Services Newsletter; producing at least two issues each calendar year.
- Coordinating with UL technical and engineering staff to facilitate improvements to UL certification information in order to better meet the needs of the AEC community.
- Staffing the architect chat line to answer questions about UL fire resistance rated designs & systems and responding to e-mail inquiries to the ArchServices e-mail box.
- Identifying opportunities for UL to provide fee-based services to the AEC industry and potentially develop new revenue generating programs for BLST; i.e. providing Engineering Judgments or a fee-based search service for architects to specify UL code compliant solutions for building design challenges.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Architectural Degree (Bachelor) with 8 years’ experience as a Registered Architect doing commercial projects.
- Knowledge of the International Building Code (IBC).
- Knowledge of UL Designs and Systems for passive fire resistance.
- Active member of local or national architect chapter or professional association preferred.
- Preferred American Institute of Architects (AIA) or Association of Licensed Architects member.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.