Architectural Project Manager
Studio ARQ, LLC / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Started in 2008, Studio ARQ, LLC is a full-service architectural firm specializing in commercial, residential and institutional planning & design, owner representation, and design-build services. Additional services offered by Studio ARQ, LLC include project planning, budgeting & procurement, capital grant administration, project management, and construction administration services. Studio ARQ provides over 60 years of combined expertise in both the public and private sectors of construction, including work experience with property owners, design professionals, developers, contractors, elected officials,
permit review agents, and community-based organizations.
ABOUT THE JOB
Responsible for the overall management and successful completion of assigned projects with a focus on providing the utmost satisfaction to the client. Ensures projects are functional, aesthetically pleasing, code compliant, completed on time and within budget. Manages internal resources and outside sub-consultants ensuring that expectations are communicated and met. The Project Manager has authority to speak for the firm in dealing with clients and is responsible for a portion of the profit center assigned to him/her.
* Works with sub-consultants and internal staff, reviews Resource and Milestone requirements, participates with Managing Director and Principal in preparing fee proposals and negotiations, prepares contractual agreements and is sufficiently familiar with all agreements between firm and client to effectively manage the project in a professional economic manner.
* Ascertains that code checks, zoning status, and all other applicable laws and regulations are acceptable and coordinates with proper regulatory officials.
* Obtains approvals and decisions from client in a timely manner that allows the project to flow smoothly and quickly through the office and alerts Managing Director to any changes of scope, lack of information, or decisions from client that affect schedule or project budget. Negotiates or assists in negotiations with client to account for such changes.
* Maintain contact with clients to discuss current projects, evaluate firm performance, and identify other business opportunities either with them or through referrals and to solicit new clients/project.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops project tasks to complete scope of work and meet project budget and project schedule and assigns tasks and responsibilities to all team members and sub consultants including selection of team members
* Utilize AE to track project financial performance, assign project resources and meet project milestones for all team members including producing financial reports of active and closed projects for review
* Responsible for the accuracy and quality of all technical work as well as written communication and submitted work products to clients
General Administrative Responsibilities
* Develops monthly invoices for all projects on a regular basis and assists in the collection of past-due accounts receivable
* Promotes and participates in the development of company design and production standards.
Marketing and Business Development Responsibilities
* Represent the firm at professional development and professional organization events and maintain of positive image within the design and construction industry
* Develop and foster strong and close relationships with present and potential clients
* Answers questions from team members and provides guidance as needed
* Promotes the technical and professional development of project team members
* Complete performance evaluation reviews for assigned project coordinators and interns
* 70% project related
* 15% business development
* 15% administrative
Or as otherwise determined in conjunction with Principal
The Project Manager reports directly to the Managing Director. Reporting directly to the Project Managers are the Project Managers and subordinate staff. The FSLA Status of this position is EXEMPT.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
SOFTWARE AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
* Proficiency in Revit required
* Experience with RHINO and 3dMax preferred
* Experience with ADOBE Suite – including Photoshop, Acrobat, and InDesign
* Knowledge of relevant building codes and accessibility requirements required
* 5+ years of project experience in an architectural practice
This position will require local travel to all project and client locations, seminar locations, conferences, etc. Occasional out of state travel may be required
CONTACT TO APPLY