Gregory Ramon Design Studio, Inc. / Chicago, IL United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Gregory Ramòn Design Studio, Inc. is an energetic architecture, interiors and consulting firm located in the City of Chicago currently working on projects in both the commercial and residential sectors, including large and small-scale projects. We are interested in and are constantly exploring the available methods and materials that have the ability to create more affordable & sustainable buildings. We embrace the available technologies that provide the capability to quantify affordability and sustainability as well as allow us to better communicate our designs and ideas with our clients. These same tools provide us with efficiencies that afford us the ability to accomplish more with a smaller team.
We place a strong focus on using Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology to deliver innovative, creative, sustainable design solutions. Current project types include retail, commercial, residential, and recreational. We are located in Chicago and are licensed to practice architecture in Illinois, Colorado, & Missouri. We are a MBE (IL & CO), DBE (IL & CO), ACDBE (IL & CO), SBE (CO), SBSP (IL) & HUBZone certified firm. We are also currently a Section 3 Certified Business.
Visit us at www.gregoryramon.com to learn more.
ABOUT THE JOB
Currently, this position is part-time but it is highly likely that it will transition to full-time in the near future. The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with taking on a varying range of responsibilities. Experience with specific project types is not as important as this candidate's ability to quickly adapt to project needs on a day to day basis. The projects that are anticipated immediately include single & multi-family housing, commercial tenant spaces, as well as conceptual design. Daily tasks may include but not be limited to:
* Existing conditions site surveys
* Conceptual Design
* Assistance with building code analysis
* Preparing Construction Documents
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
* At a minimum, a Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited school or university
* 1 to 4 years of professional experience in an architectural office
* Ability to rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
* Detailed oriented with a strong work ethic.
* Strong design skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Excellent time management skills
* Possess an entrepreneurial spirit - able to work independently or as part of a team, based on project type
* Ability to prepare plans from sketches
* Ability to create presentations to communicate design intent using various software packages
* Ability to perform tasks such as material research and selection, code research, existing conditions verification site visits, coordination with consultants, correspondence with material manufacturer’s and/or representatives
* Ability to effectively and efficiently prepare construction documents from start to finish with general supervision
* Interest and ability to assist with office operations
* Updating company information on social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, Instagram)
* Proficiency in Revit, 3D Max, AutoCAD, SketchUp, & Adobe Photoshop. Revit experience is a must. Experience in an architectural office setting is preferred.
* Experience with V-Ray, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, Lumion3D, & Twinmotion is a plus
* Hand sketching ability is also a plus
* Ability to work on multiple projects at one time is essential.
* Above all must have an open, curious mind and possess a strong willingness to constantly learn; always willing to “figure it out” and not give up on a task if it doesn’t work out the way first anticipated.
CONTACT TO APPLY