KTGY / Illinois, Chicago US
ABOUT THE COMPANY
KTGY Architecture + Planning is one of the nation’s foremost residential and mixed-use firms delivering innovation, artistry and attention to detail across multiple studios, nationwide. As place-makers, we design with care, intelligence and responsiveness. Blending client goals, design efficiency and resident experience we create thriving, memorable and sustainable neighborhoods of the future.
KTGY Chicago is our growing office and deeply rooted in the community. As the nation’s largest residential and mixed-use practice, we are a group of collaborative architects with clients that include the leading residential developers in the country. You can often find us brainstorming designs over lunch or running together to support a local charity.
ABOUT THE JOB
KTGY Chicago is a collaborative group seeking a Designer who is knowledgeable and passionate about residential design, from midrise to high-rise towers.
The primary role of a Designer is to coordinate the project design to assist in ensuring production effort is on time and on budget, with desired quality results. The team member must exercise effective time management and awareness of impact on the project budget and will conduct work within KTGY standards under the direction of supervisor.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a company where you can make an impact on the built environment and empower the next generation with your knowledge and passion for design, Apply Now! http://ktgy.com/about/careers/
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- 3-5 years of experience
- Design experience in Multifamily Residential and Mixed Use projects
- Talented in creating design concepts, communicating and presenting design, with the ability to conceive and sketch in a charrette setting.
- 4-year Architectural degree preferred
- Ability to research and learn various codes and ordinances
- Skill designing multiple projects concurrently for multiple clients in various cities and maintaining effective communication and quality control.
- Established experience planning, scheduling, and directing work of self, team members, consultants and client.
- Demonstrated ability working well in a team environment, leading and mentoring others.
- Understanding and proficiency using the following software:
- Sketchup (required)
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Bachelors or better in Architecture or related field.
3-5 years: Design Experience