Architectural Designer / Project Manager - 34-TEN
34-TEN / Chicago, IL United States / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
34-TEN is a small architectural practice located in the Avondale neighborhood of Chicago. The firm specializes in residential architecture and commercial interiors.
Our mission is to make as big an impact as possible for our clients. Whether we’re designing a ground-up residential project, an inspired deconversion or gut rehab, or a commercial interiors space, we thrive on the challenges that great architecture necessitates. Our DIY ethos guides how we work, enabling us to capture the best opportunities that fit within our clients’ budget and existing resources.
ABOUT THE JOB
At 34-TEN we look to strategically grow our team with people who share our values of respect, teamwork, engagement, and excellence. The successful candidate has experience providing project architect level leadership and brings aspirations to grow with the company and develop into a leader within the studio.
The Architectural Designer/Project Manager responsibilities include the ability to independently advance project design, develop technical detailing, lead the preparation of project documentation and consultant coordination, manage permitting and entitlement processes, and construction administration. Project management skills such as oversight of fee utilization, project schedule, workflow, deadlines, deliverables, and effective client communication will also lead to success in the role. Additionally, business development and marketing efforts will also be under the purview of this role. All 34-TEN employees are integral to the culture, growth, and success of the company.
In the first three months you will:
* Develop familiarity with the firm’s design standards, software package, systems, work-flows, and processes.
* Have one-on-one meetings with members of the firm, contractors and consultants.
* Assume responsibility for managing one to two projects on the boards.
* Assist with the firm's strategic marketing plan.
Over time you will:
* Train and mentor junior designers
* Manage a team of architects and designers to deliver creative, thoughtful, and successful architecture to our clients.
* Participate in firm leadership and business development opportunities.
* Assist with project interviews, and developing client relationships.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
* An accredited professional architecture degree (B.Arch. or M.Arch).
* Architect license or in process of pursuing licensure.
* English language proficiency.
* Seven years or more of professional architecture firm experience.
* A passion for adaptive reuse and creative problem solving.
* Highly proficient in AutoCad, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
* Experience with commercial and residential interiors is required.
* Experience working in Revit is a plus but not required.
In addition, candidates should have well-developed interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to work effectively in teams and independently. Candidates should be self-motivated and look forward to participating in a collaborative and dynamic work environment with a culture of excellence. The right candidate should be a go-getter, ambitious, and possess a positive attitude.
$70,000 to $90,000
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email