Architectural Designer - Farr Associates
Farr Associates / Chicago, IL / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Farr Associates is an architecture, planning, and urban design firm located in the historic Monadnock Building in Chicago, Illinois. We help visionaries create the most sustainable buildings and places, aiming to embolden leadership and accelerate change.
ABOUT THE JOB
Farr Associates work reflects our values—a quest for beauty, equity, health, and ending fossil fuels. Can you say the same?
We are looking for an energetic soul, who shares our values, to join our architecture team.
We are growing and seeking a driven and passionate architectural designer. Projects in our studio focus on high-performance green buildings of all types including commercial, residential, institutional, and affordable housing in both new-build and renovation contexts.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
The chosen candidate will possess these traits:
• Passion for sustainable, socially equitable, economically-viable design.
• Smart, strategic, highly organized, self-starter, who shares the firm’s vision.
• Great communication, writing, and editing skills.
• Excellent presentation preparation skills with strong graphic sensibilities.
• 3-6 years of professional experience in an architectural firm or related professional.
• LEED Green Associate or PHIUS certification; Required within one year of employment.
• Proficiency in Revit and Rhino or Sketchup.
• Proficiency in all Adobe Creative Suite applications.
If interested, please email resume, cover letter, and sample portfolio as a single PDF (one document, all other submissions will not be considered) less than 5MB to: email@example.com with “Architectural Designer Application” in the subject line.
No calls please.
Competitive salary and benefits.
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email