Architectural Designer (Early Career) - Globetrotters Engineering Corporation
Globetrotters Engineering Corporation / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Globetrotters Engineering is a full-service professional organization based in Chicago that has served the public and private sectors since 1974 in the areas of design, management, and consulting. With 200+ personnel, we draw upon highly qualified and experienced staff with diverse expertise to provide cost-effective, sustainable, and responsive services to our clients.
Globetrotters provides architecture, engineering, construction management, permit plan reviews, facility and property management, consulting, and IT services. We are committed to planning, designing, constructing, and managing quality and sustainable infrastructure projects that play an integral role in the development and success of the communities we serve.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking an entry-level ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER to help with the design and planning of all types of municipal, commercial, and institutional projects.
Under the direction of an Architect or other senior managers, you will:
* Assist in the development, modification, and review production drawings and construction documents
* Perform basic architectural calculations
* Assist and prepare architectural documentation
* Perform site visits and issue reports
* Provide input into standards
* Other duties, as assigned
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to effectively communicate design options to a diverse group
* Knowledge of architecture principles and practices
* Basic understanding of building code and zoning, including ADA requirements, and able to apply knowledge to projects
We are looking for someone who has:
* A bachelor’s degree in Architecture or higher
* 1-5 years of architectural experience,
* Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT
* Knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
CONTACT TO APPLY