Architectural Designer (Architectural Staff Level II) - zpd+a
zpd+a / Chicago, IL / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
zpd+a is hiring for immediate placement! We are an energetic, mid-sized studio-oriented firm that believes quality design is a priority on all projects, while maintaining an enjoyable, flexible, and balanced work environment. We are excited to be developing several mixed-use, multi family, corporate and Universal Design projects across Chicago and nationwide, and are expanding our dynamic team!
Excelling at creative yet pragmatic design, we integrate sustainability and universal design practices into our clients’ aesthetic, qualitative, and financial objectives on every project, regardless of scale or budget. Our staff work in small design-focused project teams that leverage the individual talents and skills of team members to promote an intimate design environment, offering growth opportunities to designers at all stages of their career while contributing to projects that get built.
We strive to create energetic and inspiring spaces tailored to a variety of user populations: from corporate interiors that inspire team building and workplace creativity, to multi-family and senior living communities facilitating health and activity, to restaurants, community centers, and private homes, our design flexibility and client-driven approach considers the unique narrative of each project to incorporate dynamic, human centric spaces, inclusive of a full suite of finishes, furniture, and artwork.
ABOUT THE JOB
Full time position for a designer with a minimum of 6 years of experience (or more) in a professional studio setting, with exposure to a variety of project types, preferably including mixed-use, multi-family, and hospitality experience. The position will work directly with a Project Manager and Principals as part of our multi-family and mixed-use design studio and must have the capacity to assist on projects of all typology and scale.
Responsibilities would include (but not limited to):
- Assist firm principals to establish and develop design concepts, including investigation, evaluations, and recommendation of design solutions that best meet the client’s goals.
- Provide professional architectural consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of large complex projects.
- Independently apply advanced architectural concepts and designs in the development of drawings and related project documentation from Schematic Design through to Construction Documentation.
- Assist with research and documentation of project related ordinances/regulations required by state codes and local jurisdiction.
- Assist with building envelope detailing and design.
- Assist with Construction Administration duties as required.
- Communicate between in-office staff, as well as with consultants to coordinate project tasks and goals.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced architectural staff.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- Hold 6 years or more of experience working in Commercial and Residential design.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & REVIT; working knowledge of SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite applications (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Working knowledge of Bluebeam Revu preferred.
- Experience assembling and managing Construction Documentation.
- Core and Shell experience, including detailing
- Universal Design, Accessibility, and Sustainable design experience strongly preferred
The ideal candidate will possess a keen awareness regarding the components required to deliver innovative, yet realistic developed design solutions that satisfy our client's programmatic; design; and overall project goals. They should take initiative, communicate effectively working within a team and demonstrate successful problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate will thrive working in a team environment.
Based on experience / Benefits Included
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email