Architectural Designer (1-6 yrs)
dSPACE STUDIO / Chicago, IL United States
ABOUT THE COMPANYdSPACE is seeking a highly-motivated architect to join our creative design team. Our work is 85% custom residential with a focus on contemporary design, rigorous attention to detail, and material & design innovation. Our work can be seen here: www.dspacestudio.com
ABOUT THE JOB
Our ideal candidate would complement our team with strong design skills and would be interested in growing with our firm. We are design-forward, innovative, motivated, organized, self-reliant, problem-solvers, positive, energetic, good communicators, and fun.
Our ideal candidate should have experience with Residential Design, and have experience with detailing (interiors/exteriors), construction documents, and construction administration. All candidates will be accountable for the design and technical quality of each project while being able to adhere to established schedules & budgets. You must be able to confidently rationalize design solutions to colleagues/clients/contractors.
This is an opportunity to assume long-term growth at a dynamic firm of talented architects.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• 1 to 6 yrs relevant professional office experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and professional commitment.
• Design & creative talent with confidence to take design initiative.
• Propose groundbreaking, never tried before, industry leading design solutions.
• Desire to offer exceptional client service.
• Foster team camaraderie.
• Committed to challenging yourself to constantly improve and keep learning.
• Be self-starting with very strong work ethic.
• Be a team player willing to accept a full range of responsibilities and roles.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to take direction from colleagues/clients.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to interface with project team (consultants, general contractors, etc).
• Ability to create conceptual, presentation, and technical drawings for all phases of project documentation.
• Experience with building codes, zoning and generally knowledgeable in jurisdictional processes a plus.
• Proficiency with BIM, 3D Software, MS Office, Adobe Suite *Please address your familiarity with these.
• Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited University Architecture Program.
Qualified candidates should submit: Resume and Samples of Academic & Professional Work (via link or file under 5MB). No calls, please.
When responding, specify in the email subject line: "Arch Applicant, Your Name, # Yrs Experience"
SALARYCommensurate with experience.
CONTACT TO APPLY