Architectural Code Consultant - Burnham Nationwide Inc.
Burnham Nationwide Inc. / Chicago, IL United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Burnham Nationwide is a provider of consulting services in the A/E/C and real estate industries. We offer a complete array of building permit, code and sustainability consulting services that are required of a wide variety of construction projects – large and small. Since 1992 we have grown from a small office in Chicago to a nationally recognized firm with the ability to provide a full range of services nationwide.
ABOUT THE JOB
This position is primarily responsible for providing support in conducting plan reviews, site inspections, code research, and the preparation of letters, code opinions and reports. The position also supports the overall operation by assisting clients in obtaining timely municipal approvals economically and efficiently without compromising public health, safety and welfare.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assists with plan reviews, code inspections on existing buildings.
* Assists with municipal and private industry code research and reports.
* Attends meetings with clients.
* Attends trade association meetings and represents the company as assigned.
* Answers basic questions and inquiries in writing and over the telephone.
* Maintains applicable certifications by attending training sessions as assigned.
* Performs administrative duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities
* Demonstrates basic knowledge of building code regulations, policies and procedures
* Good computer skills and experience using MS Office programs
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
* Exercises initiative and display independent judgment
* Self-directed and self-motivated
* Time management
Experience and Other Requirements
* 1-5 years
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Eager to meet and exceed client expectations
* Basic word processing computer skills
* Basic knowledge of construction drawings
* Working knowledge of local building and life safety codes
* Understanding of the basic concepts of structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and energy codes
Competitive and commensurate with experience
CONTACT TO APPLY