Kipns Architecture + Planning / Evanston, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Recognized as Chicago’s premier award winning sustainable architectural practice, Kipnis Architecture + Planning (KAP) is based in Evanston, Illinois, and Boulder, CO. KAP has practiced the architectural design philosophy of 'High Design/Low Carbon™' long before it was in vogue. We are guided by the idea that the principals of sustainable design are integral to achieving great architectural design. We are heavily involved with the AIA's 2030 Commitment, rigorously working towards having our projects move towards 'net zero'.
Approximately 80% of our work is focused on detailed residential work (modern and traditional, rehab and new), with the remainder consisting of office, retail, restaurant, industrial and airport facility design.
Examples of our work are available at www.kipnisarch.com
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a special person with strong technical skills to complement our growing team.
Our ideal candidate should have experience with Residential Design, including detailing (interiors/exteriors), construction documents, CAD/3D/BIM and presentation graphics. A solid understanding of sustainable and resilient related design concepts, including energy modeling, would be ideal.
This is an opportunity to work with a group of architects committed to having a positive global impact on the built environment!
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Min. Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Architectural Studies
• A solid understanding of sustainable design and energy modeling would be a significant plus
• Proficient with CAD, 3D and BIM. Vectorworks is preferred, but not required, as we have excellent in house training
• Be self-starting with very strong work ethic
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and professional commitment
• Ability to interface with project team (consultants, general contractors, etc)
• Preferred strong understanding of residential design, including both modern and traditional
• Experience with building codes, zoning and generally knowledgeable in jurisdictional processes a plus
• Ability to create conceptual, presentation, and technical drawings for all phases of project documentation
Commensurate with experience.