Architectural Associate - Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture
Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture / Chicago, IL United States / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture (HPA) is an award-winning architecture, planning and interior design firm that practices nationally from our Fulton Market studio. Named 2018 Firm of the Year by AIA Chicago, HPA delivers multi-use commercial, multi-family residential and hospitality projects that share a common sensibility toward placemaking.
ABOUT THE JOB
We have a job opportunity for an Architectural Associate who will be responsible for review, preparation, and coordination of architectural plans and other project-related information as it pertains to the task at hand. Will involve drafting, addressing red-marks, field observation and reporting, specification review and writing, designing and selecting materials.
You will be asked to work with project team members and generate technical drawings such as
details, wall sections, elevations, plans, color renderings, and conceptual modeling, and report
directly to a Project Architect / Architect / Principal / Partner. Minimum requirements for this
position include at least 2 years' experience (3+ years preferred) and Revit proficiency.
• Run point on all client meetings and requests. Includes putting e-mails and letters together with proper grammar and usage, along with clear context and response to client communication. Primary responder to city / municipal agent requests and issues.
• Arrange and manage schedule for week-to-week tasks and overall deadlines for submittals and drafter / associates work. Day to day check-ins with team members and associates to insure project schedule.
• Primary responsibility for architectural to consultant drawing coordination. Includes staying ahead of consultants with background updates and scheduled issuances.
• Primary reviewing of drafters and own work to insure protocols for quality control, graphic standards, spelling, and legibility are being followed prior to reviewing progress with Project Architect, Principal, or Partners. PM’s to also periodically check in with the Tech Services Group. Primary responsibility for internal coordination of drawings and files. Internal coordination means following thru on any changes in balance of impacted drawings and details.
• Primary analysis of zoning and building code compliance thru each phase of design. Includes periodic check and re-issuance of zoning and project data sheets.
• Ability to translate conceptual design sketches into SD drawings with understanding of basic building elements including stair/exiting requirements, program and area delineation, schematic structural layout (column grid for example), functional parking logistics / design, understanding of prototypical program elements such as unit, bedroom, bathroom, living space sizes and configurations.
• Ability to present more than one option for any given set of design problems.
• Ability to work around existing conditions and other design limitations in a creative, intuitive manner.
• Requires working or acting together as a member of a team for a common purpose or benefit.
• Job requires being adaptable, open to change (positive or negative) and comfortable with considerable variety in the workplace.
• Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations. Requires a willingness to personally take on responsibilities and challenges.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• B. Arch or M. Arch from an accredited school of Architecture, and 2-5 years of relevant experience.
• Proficient in Revit (minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional setting), AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, and InDesign.
• Thorough understanding of architectural building systems, materials, construction techniques, building codes, and sustainable practices.
• Ability to creatively devise solutions to work around existing conditions and other limitations, and present multiple ways to respond to a given set of design problems.
• Ability to work together as a member of a team for a common purpose or benefit while working individually on given tasks.
• Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes. Requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
• Ability to adapt to variety in the workplace, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• LEED accreditation is desired.
For consideration, please include a sample portfolio with your resume.
Commensurate with Experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email