ARCHITECTURAL ASSOCIATE (0 - 3 YRS EXPERIENCE)
Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture / Chicago, IL United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture (HPA) is an architecture, planning and interior design firm that practices nationally from our Fulton Market studio. Named by AIA Chicago as the 2018 Firm of the Year, HPA delivers multi-use commercial, residential and hospitality projects that share a common sensibility toward placemaking. Learn about us at www.hparchitecture.com
ABOUT THE JOB
We have an entry-level job opportunity for an Associate II who will responsible for reviewing, preparing and coordinating architectural plans and other project-related information, while working in collaboration with a Project Architect, Principal or Partner. Primary responsibilities include generating technical drawings; field observation and reporting; specification review and writing; and designing and selecting materials.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Drafts and addresses red-lines of details, wall sections, elevations, plans, color renderings, 2D/3D conceptual models, and presentation drawings.
• Translates conceptual design sketches into schematic design drawings, demonstrating a keen understanding of basic building elements, such as stair/exiting requirements, program and area delineation, schematic structural layout, parking design, and prototypical program elements.
• Assists in coordinating drawings with outside consultants and other project team members.
• Undertakes thorough checks of deliverables to ensure they meet protocols for quality control, graphic standards, and best practices.
• Conducts analysis of zoning and building code compliance through each phase of design, including periodic checks and re-issuance of zoning and project data sheets.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• B. Arch or M. Arch degree from a NAAB-accredited program
• 0-3 years experience. Previous internship with an architectural or interior design firm preferred.
• Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, and InDesign.
• Thorough understanding of architectural building systems, materials, construction techniques, building codes, and sustainable practices.
• Ability to creatively devise solutions to work around existing conditions and other limitations, and present multiple ways to respond to a given set of design problems.
• Ability to work together as a member of a team for a common purpose or benefit while working individually on given tasks.
• Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes. Requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
• Ability to adapt to variety in the workplace, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, sample portfolio and your resume.
Commensurate with experience
CONTACT TO APPLY