Wright Heerema Architects / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Wright Heerema Architects, a leader in innovative workplace and hospitality design, is an established award-winning Chicago-based firm. We are the recent recipient of the Design Firm of the Year Award, from the Chicago Commercial Real Estate Development Association. Being a 50+ person firm, we are large enough to work on major projects, but small enough to maintain a small firm culture that is nimble, responsive and fun. Our interiors and architecture professionals are equal partners of a collaborative, dynamic design team, delivering exceptional design solutions for our clients.
ABOUT THE JOB
Wright Heerema Architects is seeking an Architect to join our team of designers and assist in the development of architecture and interior design solutions for our clients. Candidates for this position must have experience in the design of office buildings. Additional experience in hospitality projects is desirable. The candidate’s experience should include new construction and renovations, in both base-building architecture and interior design.
The tasks will include;
- Assist in Schematic Design and actively participate in Design Development
- Create and oversee the development of Construction Documents
- Conduct code reviews
- Review drawings for quality control
- Research materials and ensure details support the design intent
- Prepare and issue documents for bidding, permit, and construction
- Participate in Construction Administration activities.
- Coordinate with client, project team, and consultants
- Provide exceptional, proactive, friendly client service
- Inspire, teach, lead-by-example and mentor architectural design staff
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Positive, out-going, energetic and fun team player
- Genuine curiosity and passion for developing design and technical solutions to support our client projects
- 5+ years of professional experience in commercial office design preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of standard construction methods
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in Architecture from an accredited university required
- Architecture License preferred
- Proficiency in both AutoCAD and Revit is highly desired.
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills
- Passion for providing client-centered design, excellent client service and responsiveness
- Working knowledge of Chicago Building Codes preferred
- Collaborative professional
- Experience working in concert with interior designers preferred
CONTACT TO APPLY
Email response to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, portfolio and salary requirements.