Architect - Wright Heerema Architects
Wright Heerema Architects / Chicago, IL United States / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WHA - Wright Heerema Architects a leader in innovative workplace design. We are an established, award-winning, mid-sized firm based in Chicago. We are large enough to work on major projects but, small enough to maintain a small firm culture that is nimble, responsive, and fun. WHA creates exceptional experience through client-focused design. For more information about Wright Heerema Architects see www.wharchs.com.
ABOUT THE JOB
Wright Heerema Architects is seeking an Architect to join our team of designers and assist in the development of architecture solutions for our clients. Candidates for this position must have experience in the design of office buildings. The candidate’s experience should include new base-building, core & shell construction, and renovations.
The tasks will include:
• Assist in Schematic Design and Design Development.
• Create and oversee the development of Construction Documents.
• Research materials and ensure details support the design intent.
• Prepare and issue documents for design approvals, bidding, permit, and construction.
• Participate in Construction Administration activities.
• Coordinate with client, project team, and consultants.
• Provide exceptional, proactive, friendly client service.
• Inspire, teach, lead-by-example and mentor architectural design staff.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Positive, out-going, energetic and fun team player.
• Genuine curiosity and passion for developing design and technical solutions to support our client projects.
• 5+ years of professional experience in commercial office design preferred.
• Working knowledge and understanding of standard construction methods.
• Bachelor’s or Master degree in Architecture from an accredited university required.
• Architecture License preferred.
• Proficiency in both Revit and AutoCAD is highly desired.
• Excellent written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
• Passion for providing client-centered design, excellent client service and responsiveness.
• Working knowledge of Chicago Building Codes preferred.
• Collaborative professional.
• Experience working in concert with interior designers preferred.
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email