Architect - Renewal
Thornton Tomasetti / Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THE COMPANYThornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Property Loss Consulting, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Renewal practice provide owners and managers with a home for solutions to a wide range of structural, envelope and building systems needs for existing properties of every use, age and construction type. Our multidisciplinary design and assessment services cover a wide range of needs. We perform condition assessments, investigations, feasibility studies and peer reviews. We design repairs, renovations and alterations and oversee their execution in the field.
We have an immediate opportunity for a technical Architect for our Renewal Practice. We are looking for a candidate with interest in the investigation, design, repair, renovation, and retrofit for the building envelope.
· Completing investigation and repair rehabilitation design for various building envelope systems, including but not limited to curtain walls, brick masonry, concrete, metal cladding, roofing, waterproofing, etc.
· Coordination of design work with in-house staff as well as other consultants including Architects and other Engineering disciplines, Cost Consultants, and Contractors.
· Projects will be in structural repair, renovation, demolition and expansions of existing building envelopes.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture. Master’s degree preferred.
· Experience with existing building envelopes for renovation and repairs a plus.
· Ability and willingness to travel within the US.