Architect / Project Leader (3-7 years)
inFORM studio / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
inFORM studio is a research-based, design practice emphasizing the creation of innovative environments with a sustainable philosophy. Headquartered in Southeast Michigan, with offices in Chicago, IL and Traverse City, MI, inFORM studio has designed award-winning work around the globe in a variety of different typologies. Current work includes higher education, a pedestrian bridge, a healthcare clinic prototype, religious, master planning, retail, corporate office, and more. We strive to create an enthusiastic learning environment influenced by a bright and motivated collection of talent. We are interested in collaborating with the brightest minds in the design disciplines.
ABOUT THE JOB
The selected applicant will collaborate with design teams in problem solving for a myriad of building types. Candidates should be prepared to collaborate with landscape architects, urban designers, civil engineers, structural engineers, and in-house mechanical/electrical engineers. The position is anticipated to entail the following:
- A project leader will be responsible for managing all aspects of small-to-large size projects from schematic design through contract administration.
- Coordinate all efforts, administrative and technical, to assure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Serve as the primary liaison between client, contractor, consultants and municipalities to bring projects to completion on schedule, within budget and maximize client satisfaction.
- Work with firm leadership to provide critical feedback and continuously improve the design and project management process.
- Advance the firm culture and mentor less experienced teammates within the studio.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Mid-level professional who is licensed or approaching licensure with the ability to lead small-to-large size projects from concept to completion. We desire a professional with an interest in innovation and sustainable design. Desired qualifications include:
- 3-7 years of experience - Demonstrated capability in project management and leadership
- Ability to create construction documents and coordinate with engineering disciplines
- Expertise in Revit - Experience with modeling in Rhino and scripting with Grasshopper is a plus
- Proficiency with AutoCAD & Adobe CS suite: Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Rendering capability preferred, not required - Strong creative and technical skills
- Familiarity with International Building Code and relevant complementary codes
- Professional Degree, Master of Architecture preferred
- Licensure in home state & LEED accreditation preferred, not required
CONTACT TO APPLY