Architect/Junior Associate - 2-4 Years Experience - HPZS
HPZS / Chicago, IL / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
HPZS is a full service, 100% woman-owned architectural firm complemented by unique and specialized experience at the nexus of adaptive reuse, historic preservation, sustainable design, for both housing and a plethora of civic clients. Since our inception in 1976, we have received numerous national, state, and local awards for our work, and we look to the future with a focus on continuing to provide our clients the most sustainable outcomes with a palate of services in support of integrated and energy-efficient design.
Our work, ranging from projects at Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry to work with the Chicago Housing Authority, Chicago Public Schools and the Chicago Park District has produced Chicago's latest new construction beach house but also gives new purpose to existing buildings, such as Yannell PHIUS, Chicago's first certified passive house renovation, so that they may continue to enhance the urban fabric.
ABOUT THE JOB
HPZS is seeking a recently licensed architect or a non-yet-registered graduate with 2-5 years of experience to engage in the delivery of projects from concept to completion, with particular emphasis on the design and visualization components of the process. This requires strong organizational and presentation skills, with an emphasis on sustainable design, including both existing retrofit and new construction.
This position is also focused on professional growth, and will have an increasing requirement for the candidate to learn more about contract management, building codes, zoning, and general jurisdictional processes, as well as participate in the creation of drawings, details, and specifications for all phases of project documentation and performing construction administration services. The trajectory of this position is to become a great generalist architect whom can be a trusted Project Architect/Project Manager in a small firm environment.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• 2-5 year’s relevant professional experience with or on the path towards Professional Registration.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
• LEED Accredited (AP or BD+C preferred) or obtain accreditation w/in 6 months of start date
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, enthusiasm and professional commitment.
• Design & creative talent with confidence to take design initiative.
• Ability and desire to offer exceptional client service – attention to detail and commitment to deadlines.
• Must be self-starting with very strong work ethic.
• Must be a team player willing to accept a full range of responsibilities and roles.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and sometimes independently
- Handle particular parts of projects within parameters set by others
- Produce work in office and on site
• Ability to efficiently interface with project team (consultants, general contractors, etc)
• Must have excellent graphic design and presentation skills
• Must be proficient in Revit, SketchUp Pro, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite (AutoCAD a plus but not necessary)
• Must be flexible and willing to do what is necessary in a small firm environment,
- This may include wearing different hats as far as sharing in administrative roles (TBD) and leadership.
Commensurate with experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email