Architect - a+c architects
a+c architects / Skokie, IL United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
a + c architects, a growing architectural and engineering firm located in Skokie, works with local, regional, and national clients on institutional, commercial, and residential projects. a+c architects is committed to providing a service that combines excellence in creative design with functional intelligence. We strive to bring the knowledge, creativity, pragmatism and energy that extends throughout our staff to achieve the best results for our clients.
ABOUT THE JOB
a + c architects is looking for a technically focused architect. The successful candidate will be capable of:
● Actively collaborating in technical development of projects with design sensitivity, including the development of architectural details.
● Communicating with the client, consultants and contractors.
● Evaluating design for code compliance.
● Coordinating with team members on project assignments.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
● Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Architecture required.
● Minimum 5 to 7 years of architectural experience in institutional, commercial, and residential projects.
● Proficient in current version of AutoCAD, Revit, MS Word and MS Excel. Revit required.
● Collaborate and coordinate the work of the design professionals and consultants.
● Represent our firm well to our clients, consultants, and municipal authorities.
● A technically deep understanding of construction detailing.
● Ability to meet deadlines.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● The ability to coordinate, write and/or edit architectural specifications.
● Thorough understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, and approval process.
● Thorough understanding of building systems.
● Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious.
commensurate with experience