Architect - a+c architects
a+c architects / Skokie, IL 60077 / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
a+c architects designs deliberate, balanced, and meaningful environments that support our clients’ missions. We create solutions that serve the individual and celebrate the community while minimizing financial and environmental impact. Our work process is centered on close, honest, and collaborative partnerships with our clients from concept to construction. We leverage this trust-based approach to produce thoughtful, right-sized results for projects of any budget, type, or scale.
a+c architects is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT THE JOB
Work with a small architecture firm that makes a big difference.
If you’re an architect who is passionate about design excellence and is inspired by working collaboratively on projects that have a meaningful and positive impact on their communities, then read on.
a+c architects, an architecture and engineering firm, is currently seeking an Architect with 2 to 7 years of experience in all project phases from pre-design to construction .
We offer a hybrid work environment to support employee success. As a fast-growing boutique firm that embraces flexible work schedules and understands both the convenience of remote work and the importance of facetime, we are looking to grow our team.
Whether working from home, or at our modern, light-filled studio in Skokie (right between two stops on the CTA Yellow Line), you’ll be part of a friendly, close-knit team that embraces a culture of transparency and honesty. You will have the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of project design and delivery. This is a role that offers fast-paced growth and advancement for the right candidate.
Our clients include local, regional, and national organizations with institutional, commercial, and residential projects. Because we take the time to get to know our clients, we have many valued, long-standing relationships and a high volume of repeat business.
We may be small, but we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
• 2 weeks’ paid vacation to start; 3 weeks in your 2nd year
• 8 paid holidays
• 401k with 3% mandatory company contribution and no requirement for employee contribution
• Group health insurance plan
• Frequent in-house continuing education and professional development opportunities
• A salary commensurate with experience
We also like to keep the creative juices flowing with:
• Regular team outings to cultural exhibits and sites
• An art gallery attached to our studio, where we show local artists and hold fun events
Commuting from Chicago? No problem!
Our studio is conveniently located between the Oakton and Dempster stations on the Skokie Swift / CTA Yellow Line.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
We’re looking for an Architect who can:
• Work in all project phases from design to delivery
• Leverage technology to promote a collaborative work environment across virtual channels and in-person
• Evaluate design for code compliance
• Communicate with the client, consultants, and contractors
• Coordinate with team members on project assignments
• Make decisions both in the office and the field based on approved project intent
Our must-haves include:
• Accredited Architecture degree
• Minimum 2 to 7 years in profession
• Experience in institutional, commercial, and residential projects
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, and approval process
• Thorough understanding of building systems
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Proficient in current versions of REVIT, AutoCAD, MS Word and MS Excel.
• Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
• Highly organized, detail oriented, quality- and precision-focused
• Represent the firm well to our clients, consultants, and municipal authorities
Commensurate with experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email