Architect (1-7 Years Experience) - Environs Development Inc
Environs Development Inc / Chicago, IL United States / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Environs Development, Inc is an architect led residential design / build practice based in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood. Founded in 1991, we have focused on the creative development of multi-million-dollar luxury urban single-family homes. Our style is tailored by our clients’ preferences. We have been awarded with national recognition for projects of all styles ranging from minimalist modern homes to traditional houses with historically accurate detailing. We have a collaborative team of architects, interior designers, project managers and construction professionals that offers each team member a multi-disciplined learning environment. Both left and right brains are exercised here!
ABOUT THE JOB
We are searching for an architect with an architectural degree and 1-7 year’s professional experience. The ideal candidate will be capable of using Revit to create a complete model from which they will produce a full set of construction drawings under direct supervision of a licensed architect. The role requires attention to detail and a strong sense of design. Knowledge of Chicago building and zoning codes is a plus.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Professional architecture degree
• Experience in residential design
• Strong design skills for overall plan layout, façade and all interior details
• Extensive design range from traditional to contemporary
• Proficiency in Revit Architecture
• Rendering skills in 3D S Max
• Technical skills with a thorough understanding of the working drawing process. Strong construction detailing, millwork detailing, and structural / mechanical coordination experience preferred.
• Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Comfortable working in a collaborative approach with design and construction team
Commensurate on experience