Need more hours to meet AIA’s Continuing Education Requirement?
AIA's annual requirement for continuing education is 18 hours of learning, of which 12 hours must be in health, safety and welfare (HSW) topics. The deadline is December 31, 2019.
Your State of Illinois license will be renewed in 2020, and renewal information will likely be available in September. The state requires 24 hours of learning earned during the duration of your license (December 1, 2018, through November 30, 2020), and 16 of those hours must be in HSW topics. New for 2020: the state now requires all license holders to earn one hour of sexual harassment prevention training from an Illinois-approved provider as part of renewal. More details on how to meet this requirement will be available in 2020.
- Toward Universal Mobility: Charting a Path to Improve Transportation Accessibility (December 3)*
- Designing a More Livable City – Louis Becker from Henning Larsen, Denmark (December 4)*
- CRCA and The New Roofing Energy Codes (December 5)*
- Smart Energy Design Assistance Center (SEDAC) workshops and webinars
- Chicago Architecture Biennial programs*
Online learning is available at many sites, including:
- Whole Building Design Guide
- NCARB mimi-monographs
- Architect magazine
- Hanley Wood University
- Architectural Record
* Self report to AIA: go to www.aia.org and log in.