Time to Renew Your Illinois License
License renewal for Illinois architects has begun and must be completed by November 30, 2018, when all Illinois licenses expire. Go to the Architects page of the Illinois Department of Professional & Financial Regulation to complete your renewal.
Renewal requires that architects have earned 24 hours of continuing education credit during the previous 24 months and that at least 16 of those hours are in public protection subjects (health, safety and welfare, or HSW). AIA members can review their continuing education transcript to verify they have met the State’s biennial requirement (as well as AIA's annual requirement).
Need more continuing education hours?
Attend AIA Chicago events or one of the conferences taking place in Chicago this fall:
- Sept. 21 Facades+
- Sept. 26-28 Building Performance Analysis Conference and SimBuild
- Oct. 3-4 Design Chicago (residential)
- Oct. 4-5 Architecture: The Triple Reform (self-report, no HSW)
- Oct. 10-12 USITT Architecture Symposium
- Oct. 11-12 Hanley Wood University LIVE—Learning Lab
- Oct. 17-18 Air Barrier Symposium
- Oct. 17-21 NOMA Unbounded
- Oct. 23 Windy City Symposium on Building Science & Advanced Roofing Technology
- Nov. 8-9 Le Corbusier symposium (self-report, no HSW)
- Nov. 14-16 Greenbuild Human x Nature
Two AIA-related conferences in Indiana and Ohio:
- September 26–29 in Columbus, IN Docomomo National Symposium, Design, Community, and Progressive Preservation; AIA Trade Show
- October 6-9 in Cincinnati,OH AIA Custom Residential Architects Network (CRAN) annual symposium
Online learning is available at many sites, including:
- Whole Building Design Guide
- NCARB monographs
- Architect magazine
- Architectural Record