Tuesday / September 14, 2021 / 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
It is likely you've worked with or for a project manager at some point in your career — whether in a professional design setting, on a project or jobsite, or in the office. But how did that project manager get to where they are today? What specific skills did they need to hone in order to be trusted with the scale of a project? And from an emerging professional perspective, what did it take for them to go from draftsperson to manager?
This 1.5-hour panel discussion will feature four panelists, who are all emerging professionals. Panelists will share their advice, knowledge, and tips on what it takes to be a project manager and what you need to know to get there.
- Marybeth Dietz, AIA, ACHA, Senior Project Architect, SmithGroup & Academy for Health Advisory Co-Chair
- Bryce Gamper, Assoc. AIA, Project Manager, NORR Detroit
- Loren Johnson, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Project Architect | Sustainability Coordinator - Energy, Legat Architects
- Emilio Padilla, AIA, Project Director at JGMA
- Melissa Toops, AIA, Senior Associate, OKW Architects