Tuesday / July 14, 2020 / 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
The New Chicago Building Code Roofing-Related Provisions – New Construction -- Critical Considerations for Commercial Roof System Designers (Low-slope)
Jason Wilen and Thomas Kane from Klein and Hoffman will address the new Chicago building code and energy code provisions relevant to roof system design with an emphasis on what has changed from the old code. Many of these provisions are also relevant for reroofing. They will also examine how a peer review process can enhance code compliance.
- Understand new Chicago Building Code (CBC) 2019 format (Title 14)
- Identify critical roofing-related building code provisions
- Identify critical roofing-related energy code provisions
- Identify roofing-related code requirements that have become more stringent
- Using a peer review process to enhance code compliance
- Jason Wilen, AIA, CDT, RRO | Senior Associate II, Klein & Hoffman
- Thomas J Kane, AIA, NCARB, CSI, LEED AP, QCxP | Senior Associate, Klein & Hoffman
Attendance is limited to 100 participants.