Tuesday / August 14, 2018 / 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
- Understand single layer versus double layer cladding attachment methods along with the advantages and appropriate applications of each.
- Explore how cladding type, orientation and weight impacts the attachment system layout, economics, structural capacity and constructability.
- Gain knowledge of effective techniques to manage thermal bridging to mitigate thermal loss.
- Learn how fire, life safety and energy codes can influence exterior wall designs.
- Review project case studies to share lessons learned and best practices that one needs to consider as part of the design and construction process.
Speaker: Steve Taylor, National Sales Manager for Knight Wall Systems, brings over 30 years of building industry experience, with 20+ years in Division 8, with Pella Windows and Doors, working directly with architects, contractors, and building owners on the technical aspects of fenestration design and installation, and the past 6 years in Division 7 with Knight Wall Systems, presenting the importance of cladding support design requirements to architectural firms coast to coast, as well helping to support and educate general and subcontractors, working on a broad variety of commercial project types all across the US and Canada.
Seminar and lunch provided by Knight Wall Systems.
11:30 am – 11:50 pm Check-in & Lunch
11:50 am – 12:00 pm Welcome & Tech Tip
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Seminar
SEATING: Tickets are $10 and limited to the first professionals who reserve online. Our programs regularly fill to capacity, so register early!