Thursday / August 17, 2017 / 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
HELP TO END HUNGER IN CHICAGO!
Celebrate the incredible achievements of the twenty-four Canstruction Chicago teams at a reception in the beautiful lobby space at the Merchandise Mart. Network with the participating teams and toast to the winners while enjoying light appetizers and refreshments among the colossal works of art!
5:30 - 8:00 pm ChicagoCAN Reception (Ground Floor of the Merchandise Mart)
6:00 - 7:00 pm Awards Presentation (Marshall's Landing atop the Grand Staircase)
2017 PARTICIPATING TEAMS
- AECOM / TranSystems
- Antunovich Associates / WSP
- Barton Malow Construction / Mode Architects / SM&W
- Booth Hansen
- CallisonRTKL / Graef
- DLR Group / Gilbane Building Companies
- exp US Services
- FitzGerald Associates Architects / Eriksson Engineering Associates / Power Construction / ECS Midwest
- Gensler / Skender Construction
- Gewalt Hamilton & Associates / Village of Barrington
- Hirsch Associates LLC / C.E. Anderson & Associates / ARCO/Murray / Cornerstone
- HOK / Clune / Syska
- Legat Architects / Leopardo
- Muller + Muller / Primera Engineers / Hitchcock Design Group
- MWRD / ASCE YMG / Moody Nolan
- OKW Architects / W.E. O'Neil / RTM Engineering Associates
- RATIO / smdp / Executive Construction, Inc.
- Sheehan Nagle Hartray Architects
- Shive-Hattery / Redmond Construction / Henricksen
- SmithGroupJJR / Berglund Construction / Boldt Construction
- Stantec / Pepper Construction / Rider Levett Bucknall / Humanscale
- theMart / Valerio Dewalt Train Associates / A+I
- Ware Malcomb / McShane Construction / Kimley-Horn
WHAT IS CANSTRUCTION?
Canstruction is a unique world wide charity which hosts competitions, exhibitions and events showcasing colossal structures made entirely out of full cans of food.
Canstruction Chicago (under the umbrella of Canstruction) is a design/build event which benefits the Greater Chicago Chicago Food Depository. Teams comprised of professionals from the AEC industry fundraise for, design, and build structures composed of non perishable food items. These “Cansculptures” are housed in the first floor of the Merchandise Mart and are on display to the public as a giant art exhibition. The “Cansculptures” are judged in various categories by a celebrity chef and prominent members of the AEC industry. Canstruction Chicago culminates in an awards presentation and cocktail party at the Merchandise Mart.
In 2016, Canstruction Chicago collected over 90,000 lbs of non-perishable items for the Food Depository’s network of 700 soup kitchens, food pantries, shelters and programs throughout Cook County. Canstruction Chicago is the Food Depository’s largest one-day food drive that helps to put food on the table for the 1 in 6 men, women and children who turn to the Food Depository annually.