Thursday / April 11, 2019 / 6:15 PM - 7:15 PM
Chicago by the Book: 101 Publications That Shaped the City and Its Image profiles 101 landmark publications about Chicago from the past 170 years that have helped define the city and its image. A number of selections relate directly to architecture. Each title—carefully selected by the Caxton Club, a venerable Chicago bibliophilic organization—is the focus of an illustrated essay by a leading scholar, writer, or bibliophile. Read more here. Books will be for sale this this event.
- Pauline Saliga, Executive Director, Society of Architectural Historians
- Alice D. Schreyer, Roger and Julie Baskes Vice President for Collections and Library Services, Newberry Library
- Susan F. Rossen, editor of Chicago by the Book
- Cocktails: Cash bar opens at 4:30 pm
- Free Program: Begins at 6:15 pm
- Dinner: Available after the program, a la carte. Guests pay for themselves; club members charge to their house account.
After the program, a $35 buffet will be available, subject to the number of reservations. Otherwise, the regular a la carte menu will be served. Reservations at email@example.com or call 312-922-8080. Discount parking is available after 4:00 at the garage located at 17 East Adams Street (enter on Adams between Wabash and State). Ask for a discount coupon at the club's check-in desk.