Tuesday / March 13, 2018 / 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Join us for MASONRY TUESDAY - “IMI IN THE CITY”
The BIM for Masonry initiative, with the support of IMI and the BAC, has developed tools that make working with masonry easier and more productive in BIM models. The Goal of BIM for masonry is get quality Masonry Content into the hands of architects, engineers and contractors by way of BIM-M developed plugins and software to increase the level of detail and use of masonry within the BIM software. Some of the tools are developed specifically for REVIT and some can work in other applications. For structural engineers and General Contractors using the bond beam and rebar tools will help design and coordinate the construction of masonry walls making them more efficient, and safer. The benefit to the attendees is that they can understand that with this free resource, they can jump start their masonry library, saving them time and money. These BIM tools enable better use of masonry as a structural system, minimize cuts due to un modular dimensioning creating a safer and healthier work environment, minimize jobsite waste, and enable accurate coursing virtually that will have beneficial results to owners, occupants and construction persons building our buildings.
- Learn where to go for these masonry BIM tools and the basic features of the BIM for masonry tools and plugins.
- Discover that a Structural Masonry wall is a system of beams and columns that can be modeled for clash detection.
- Understand how to design structurally efficient masonry walls using locally available CMU strength.
- Learn about the new OSHA Crystalline Silica Rule Discover how using these BIM tools can reduce airborne silica on the job site, creating a healthier work environment.
- Mark Swanson, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, NCARB; International Masonry Institute; Director of Industry Development – Minnesota
- Tom Cuneio, CAD BLOX, LLC and 3DIQ Inc.
11:30 am – 11:50 pm Check-in & Seating
11:50 am – 12:00 pm Welcome & Tech Tip
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm Seminar & Lunch
SEATING: Seating is limited to the first 60 professionals who reserve their tickets online.
Questions? Contact Jeff Diqui at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 396-3144.