Wednesday / August 12, 2020 / 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The simultaneous crises of climate change, COVID-19, a looming economic depression, and systemic racial injustice have exposed structural failings that architecture, and society, must address. It’s a perfect storm that has created an unprecedented call for change. Where do we go from here?
This one-day virtual learning event is centered around change. It’s designed to help you confront these challenges and change your practice and the architecture profession for the better. Twenty sessions dive into the important, intersecting issues of equity, the economy, the environment, and public health. You’ll learn from a diverse range of experts in architecture and beyond—architects, climate champions, civic leaders, leading academics, and more. Don’t miss this event, packed with the brave ideas and honest dialogue that architecture needs now.
- Welcome from AIA president Jane Frederick, FAIA
- Keynote: Innovating at the Intersection of Economy, Environment, Equity and Public Health
- Spotlight: The State of Equity in Architecture
- Spotlight: Doing the BIG Things...Together!
- Spotlight: The Struggle for Economic, Environmental and Social Justice
- Spotlight: The Economic Exclusion of Black America
- Additional on-demand sessions will be available starting August 12 at 4:00 p.m. CST through October 15.
Your $49 ticket includes all day-of live programming, access to on-demand sessions for 60 days, and access to recordings of the live sessions for 60 days.
Register for the event, and you automatically have access to all sessions on August 12. On the agenda page, do not select individual sessions; simply click “continue.”
[If you registered for WLS 2019 or Grassroots 2020, you do not need to create a new account. Use these credentials and log in on the left side of the page. Otherwise please create a new account. Do not use your membership credentials to log in.]
Limited seats are available. Registration closes August 11 at 8pm ET.
Up to 6.25 HSW and 14.5 LUs/RIBA.