Thursday / July 09, 2020 / 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Join your fellow state and local component leaders for AIA’s premier policy and advocacy event. All AIA members and component staff are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Thursday, July 9
- 2:00 pm CT Welcome remarks: Robert Ivy, FAIA, Executive Vice President and CEO,
- AIA: Advocacy and State & Local Updates
- 2:30 pm CT Keynote: Creating Resilient Cities
- The Honorable Francis Suarez, Mayor of the City of Miami, FL
- David Martin, Terra Development (Miami, FL)
- Walter Meyer, Local Office Landscape and Urban Design (Brooklyn, NY)
- 3:15pm CT Discussion with Commissioner Maurice Cox (Chicago, IL) and Mayor Francis Suarez,
- moderated by Peter Exley, FAIA, President-Elect of AIA
- 4:00 pm CT Closing remarks: R. Corey Clayborne, FAIA, NOMA, Executive Vice President, AIA Virginia
- 5-7:00 pm CT Regional Virtual Networking Happy Hours [NOW CLOSED]
Friday, July 10
- 2-3:00 pm CT Ask Me Anything: an open online discussion with the AIA Advocacy and Relationships team.
Architects in Action continues through July and August with 5 workshops (each meets 3 times):
- Working with City Officials to Streamline the Permit Process
- Reaching Out to Students and Emerging Professionals
- Preparing Members to be Effective Citizen Architects
- Creating Better Advocacy Collateral
- Advocating for a Zero Code
*If you missed AIA's July 2 conversation with Commissioner Cox, click here to watch it now.