Monday / April 26, 2021 / 12:01 AM - 11:59 PM
AIA Wisconsin invites AIA Chicago members to attend their 2021 Virtual AIA Wisconsin Conference: Ethical Architecture for human-centered design. Along with presentations from big names in architecture from across the globe, AIA Wisconsin is partnering with AIA Chicago, NOMA, and IIDA Wisconsin to create interdisciplinary, geographically relevant programming.
The AIA Wisconsin | AIA Chicago partner programs are:
- Wednesday, April 28, 3:00-4:30 p.m. CST: Building Bluer
- This presentation and panel will center on stewardship of the Great Lakes. Learn about innovative projects focused on water conservation, water harvesting, and mitigation of water's destructive effect on the built environment. This is an important and relevant topic as the world faces climate change and anticipates a fresh water drought on the horizon. The presentation and panel are moderated by Martin Felsen, FAIA, UrbanLab.
- Project presenters are Johnsen-Schmaling Architects, Ross Barney Architects, Kahler Slater, SmithGroup, and Urban Rivers. Panelists are Matt Howard, Vice President Water Stewardship at The Water Council & Director of AWS North America; Melissa Scanlan, UW Milwaukee Freshwater Institute; Alaina Harkness, Current; James Wasley, UW Milwaukee School of Architecture & Urban Planning; and Phil Enquist, SOM.
- Wednesday, April 28, 5:00-7:00 p.m. CST: The Myth of Pruitt Igoe
- Join for a screening of the acclaimed documentary detailing the creation and destruction of the Pruitt-Igoe housing comples in St. Louis, Missouri. The film will be followed by a panel discussion with Sylvester Brown Jr., Writer, Activist, former resident of Pruitt-Igoe; and Kevin Hall, AIA, Director of Design, Planning and Engineering at the Chicago Housing Authority.
Other Chicago connections at the 2021 AIA Wisconsin Conference include remarks by 2021 AIA President Peter Exley, FAIA; a panel discussion with NOMA President Jason Pugh, AIA; and a presentation on Chicago's Bronzeville neighborhood by SmithGroup architects Smitha Vasan and Taft Cleveland. Explore the full conference schedule, running April 26-29, 2021.
AIA Members receive discounts on full conference registration and individual session registration(s). The full conference offers over 22 CEU credits, including 19.5 HSW credits, and on-demand access is included in your registration.