Tuesday / December 05, 2017 / 7:00 AM - 11:30 AM
As a member of the affordable housing design and development community, you have an opportunity to make a big impact on the environment, energy use, and residents’ quality of life. Big impacts require lofty goals that can seem daunting. Discuss how to take incremental steps to realize deep energy savings. Learn from those at the forefront about innovations in affordable housing new construction, with an emphasis on multi-family buildings. Interact with your peers to identify common obstacles and brainstorm creative solutions to achieve the next level in energy efficiency. Finally, hear energy efficiency and sustainability program updates designed to help turn your goals into reality.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Affordable housing developers, owners, architects, engineers and anyone with interest in constructing high-performance buildings in the affordable housing sector.
- Jean Ascoli, ComEd® Energy Efficiency Program
- Michelle Halle Stern, AIA, PE, The Green Facilitator
- Tim McDonald, Onion Flats
- Charlene Andreas, Latin United Community Housing
- Catherine Baker, AIA, Landon Bone Baker Architects
- James Lewis, Heartland Alliance
- Spencer Skinner, Illinois Housing Development Authority
- Paul Knight, AIA, Domus PLUS