Wednesday / February 27, 2019 / 2:45 PM - 6:00 PM
“Imagine work relationships built on trust, supported by technology and aided by collaboration.”
-- The Commercial Real Estate Revolution: Nine Transforming Keys to Lowering Costs, Cutting Waste, and Driving Change in a Broken Industry (2009)
Little has changed in the AEC industry over the years in the way we deliver projects. Yes, we have gradually increased our productivity through technology and yes, we have looked at alternative delivery systems that are still based on traditional processes. What we have not done is seriously look at delivering construction projects in a way that would truly leap to an Apple, Tesla, or Amazon level. We have not looked at the heart and soul of how we engage the project team or the delivery process to dramatically increase the value of our work to the client.
A growing effort dramatically changing the delivery of projects, bolstered by clients such as Sutter Health, Cleveland Hospitals, Advocate Health, North Park University, and others, where change orders and RFIs are rare and projects are delivered in less time with greater value is emerging.
The Chicago chapter of the Lean Construction Institute and the Practice Management Knowledge Community of AIA Chicago invite you to hear success stories that have dramatically changed the way projects are delivered through lean construction processes.
- Moderator: Jenny Han, Skender
- Owner: John Zachara, CCM, Integrated Facilities Solutions, Inc.
- Architect: Erik Andersen, AIA, BatesForum
- Engineer: Ken Panucci, PE, Primera Engineers
- Contractor: Josh Odelson, Power Construction
- Partners (Sub-Contractors): Andy Hill, Glass Solutions, Inc. and Catherine Tojaga, PE, CT Mechanical
- What is Lean project delivery?
- Define the Integrated Form of Agreement (IFOA) delivery process.
- Explore opportunities to engage project teams at a higher level.
- Discover techniques to accelerate the project schedule.
- Learn how to truly create greater value for our clients.
- 2:45 pm check-in
- 3:00 to 5:00 Panelist Presentations and Discussion
- 5:00 to 6:00 Networking with refreshments
- $35 AIA and LCI members
- $45 non-members