Design Excellence Awards
Friday, October 15, 2021, starting at 5:30pm
As the premier architectural celebration of the year, AIA Chicago’s Designight 2021 recognizes our members through the Design Excellence Awards, the Lifetime Achievement Award, a recap of the Small Project Award winners announced earlier this year, and the inaugural Roberta Feldman Architecture for Social Justice Award. WTTW’s Geoffrey Baer will once again host this special event. We’re excited about a unique hybrid format for this year’s event – one that allows virtual viewing for everyone, while also providing the opportunity for small-venue satellite viewing parties at showrooms across the city.
Distinguished Building Award
- Kathy Dixon, FAIA, NOMAC; K. Dixon Architecture PLLC
- Janet Tam, FAIA; Noll & Tam Architects
- Brian Phillips, FAIA; ISA
Interior Architecture Award
- Alec Holser, FAIA; Opsis
- Dominique Davidson, AIA; DRAW
- Nicholas Brinen, AIA, NOMA; Studio Figure LLC
Divine Detail Award
- Kara Bouillette, AIA; SixTwentyOne
- José Alvarez, AIA; EskewDumezRipple
- Osama Quotah, AIA; LMN Architects
Roberta Feldman Architecture for Social Justice Award
- Maurice D. Cox; Commissioner of the Chicago Department of Planning and Development
- Katherine Darnstadt, AIA; principal of Latent Design.
- Professor Sergio Palleroni; director of the Center for Public Interest Design in the School of Architecture at Portland State University
- Helen Slade; executive director of Territory NFP.
- Ernest C Wong, fASLA; principal of site design ltd.
- Mary Woolever; AIA Chicago Foundation board member
- Walter Street III; AIA, NOMA, AIA Chicago Foundation board member
Learn more about the Design Excellence Awards Rules and Requirements.
Learn more about the Roberta Feldman Architecture for Social Justice Award.