Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc.
Distinguished Building Award Submission
A rapidly growing pharmaceutical company has developed a North American Headquarters campus in Deerfield, IL. The recently completed second phase of the campus brings the total employee population to 2,250 employees accommodated in approximately 625,000 gross square feet. A new corporate campus was developed, celebrating and reinforcing Takeda’s corporate goals of environmentally sustainable solutions, a dynamic and collaborative corporate culture and to promote employee productivity. The design solutions accomplished this with:
• The development of a unique and welcoming public image inviting both visitors and employees to the campus,
• Flexible and efficient workplace and campus expansion to accommodate corporate growth,
• Promotion of employee well-being with state-of-the-art food service and fitness facilities while creating pedestrian circulation focused on the natural prairie landscape and surrounding views,
• Skylit central stairs in each building foster communication between departments by providing “corridor meeting” opportunities acting as wayfinding features within the campus.
• Sweeping gallery transition spaces promote access between buildings and corporate and employee amenities located along its length. Exterior landscaped gardens are highlighted throughout.
A cohesive architectural solution for the campus has evolved over a 5-year period accomplishing LEED-NC Gold - Phase 1, and LEED NC 2.2 Gold certification pending-Phase 2.
- General contractor
- Power Construction Company
- Deerfield, Illinois