353 North Clark Street Office Tower
Distinguished Building Award Submission
The project is located north of the Chicago River; an area rapidly developing into a modern office location. The project’s setting is greatly enhanced by a terraced plaza on the Clark Street side and – unique to Chicago – a private motor forecourt in front of the main lobby entrance that connects the two north/south streets (Clark & Dearborn).
• The façade is articulated by projecting glass fins that refine the vertical proportions.
• The spandrels between the floors are a concave shape. They have the intended effect of accentuating the horizontal lines by reflecting sunlight during the day and street lights at night.
• Corner offices are column free by virtue of structural cantilever design of the corners.
The Project has LEED Gold Certification. Some key design items include:
• Storm water management plan
• Rain water storage for irrigation of plantings at grade
• Advanced lighting controls
• Green roofs on both upper and lower roof areas
- Lohan Anderson, LLC
- Associate Architect
- Environmental Systems Design
- General contractor
- Bovis Lend Lease
- Chicago, Illinois