Charles Square Center
Citation of Merit
- Goettsch Partners, SIAL s.r.o.
- GE Capital Golub Europe LLC
- Consultants Building Services Group (MEP)
- Division Commercial
- Location Prague, Czech Republic
- General contractor Martin Plch
In a city center where new building sites are rare, the developer wanted to create an American-style office building that combines office, retail and below-grade parking—but with careful attention paid to Prague's historical architecture. The massing, fenestration and other components would bow to the neighbors on revered Charles Square, but the building would also have the technology and flexible space an office building demands. Jurors appreciated the interior court, reminiscent of those in many European cities.