Airport Cologne/Bonn Bahnhof
- Division: Miscellaneous
- Location: Cologne/Bonn, Germany
- Architect: Murphy/Jahn Inc.
- Client: DB Station & Service AG
- General contractor: Seele GmbH & Co. KG
- Consultants: Werner Sobek Ingenieure GmbH (Structural); Zimmermann + Schrage KG (Mechanical); IFFT (Institut für Fassadentechnik) (Façade); Brandi IGH (Lighting)
Located in the heart of the airport, the new train station connects Terminals 1 and 2 with the local German and European high-speed train network. The platform of the 414 m long station lies 12.60 m below grade and runs underneath Terminal 2 and the surrounding runways, perpendicular to the axis of Terminal 1. Placing the station in the heart of the airport required a phased construction sequence and the relocation of the airport''s primary access roads. "What a delightful arrival at any time of day or night," said one juror. "It's filled with light during the day, and a glow at night. The architect has spun a beautiful gossamer web of glass and metal over this tunnel."